7 Black Actors Whose Characters Survived in Horror Movies, Ranked
Happy Friday the 13th to those who beat the (steep-ass) odds
7. Loretta Devine in ‘Urban Legends: Final Cut’
“Urban legend, my ass!”
6. Duane Martin in ‘Scream 2’
“Brothas don’t last long in these types of situations,” Duane Martin prophesies in this slasher flick, conscious as ever. But while Jada Pinkett-Smith and Omar Epps meet their demise within the movie’s opening minutes, Shake shakes off the curse.
5. Taye Diggs in ‘House on Haunted Hill’
Taye Diggs convinces the spirit haunting him and a group of descendants that he’s actually adopted and don’t even rock with these White folks like that.
4. Keith David in ‘The Thing’
Right place, right time.
3. Brandy in ‘I Still Know What You Did Last Summer’
Brandy was in too deep — but unlike her on-screen boyfriend Mekhi Phifer, she made it out.
2. Busta Rhymes in ‘Halloween: Resurrection’
Extinction-level event? Not even. When disaster strikes, Busta Bus will light your ass on fire.
1. Daniel Kaluuya in ‘Get Out’